Our Agenda of Sustainability
Wasco Energy's agenda of Sustainability mandates that we grow our businesses in a profitable and ethical manner, while simultaneously creating safe, healthy and progressive communities as well as a cleaner environment. In line with this mandate, we are obliged to balance out our economic ambitions with our societal and environmental obligations.
As we commit to playing a leadership role in the markets we operate in by ensuring robust financial and operational performance as well as the delivery of innovative, world-class services and products, we are also keen to lead by example in the areas of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development.
Our Sustainability Development Policy
At Wasco, we endeavour to develop and manage a profitable, world class, integrated energy group. By integrating economic, social and environmental elements into the core of our business processes, we are steadfastly creating value that goes beyond the boundaries of business.
As we set our sights on continuously growing in a sustainable manner for the benefit of our shareholders, the communities that we serve, the environment and our other stakeholders, we are guided by our three pillars of sustainability:
- To ensure high quality products and services and adopt practices related to customer satisfaction
- To enhance energy security by promoting cleaner and efficient energy sources including alternate energy
- To align our business relationships in fair, transparent and ethical manner
Community / People Pillar
- To address the concerns of communities by enriching communities and elevating lives
- To generate awareness of sustainability issues amongst stakeholders
- To encourage employees to implement and promote sustainability initiatives
- To acquire, develop and nurture talent
- To minimise the safety and health impact of our products and services
- To optimise the use of natural resources through material substitution, recycling and reuse
- To adopt eco-friendly and cleaner technology for our business operations
- To focus on improving energy efficiency, water conservation, biodiversity conservation and waste management across all our operations
- To actively engage in mitigation of greenhouse gasses (GHG)
- To care for the environment through conservation initiatives
- To emphasis the use of eco-friendly products and services